Enhance your massage experience.
Make the benefits last longer.
SCENARIO 1: Have you ever shown up to the day spa all panicked and harried from a tight schedule and too little meditation? This is not ideal. Where can we improve? First off, get a mobile massage. That way…
SCENARIO 2: You’ve tidied up and lit a few candles. The massage therapist knocks. You answer. While she prepares the space for you, you hop in the shower to warm the muscles, and when you’re ready, so is your table. You slip into the sheets, breathe in the Lavender oils, and connect deeply to your breath for the next 90 minutes while your therapist soothes your maladies with her forearms and intuition. You awake, lighter. You shift into the kitchen for a cup of tea, and as you are left in the quiet with yourself, you sit in a few minutes of meditation before tucking into bed for a deep, healing sleep. How can we move from harried to harmonious? It requires some planning and intention, but you can handle that right? Do it for you.
Here’s How to Get the Most Out of Your In-Call Bodywork Session:
Before The Start of Your Massage
- Plan your massage on a day you don’t work so you can prep– stress-free.
- Eat a small, easily digestible meal 3 hours prior to your session, so you’re not too full or hungry.
- Exfoliate and Shower-Dry brush your body and face to stimulate lymph flow and prep your skin to receive high quality oils.
- Oil Yourself lightly. Use coconut oil to barely coat your hands, feet, and face with the intention of Self Compassion.
- Prep Your Space. Tidy up, light candles, find a vibey playlist.
During Your Massage
- Connect to the breath (through your nose). If possible, continue breathing evenly through your nose throughout the session. If not, breathe lightly and consciously through barely parted lips. Bring the breath deeply into the lungs, and release any stress or body tension with your exhale.
- Release your thoughts. There’s no use in thinking about past or future while you’re on the table. Just be present and enjoy.
- Relax your limbs. You may not realize how much you have a tendency to “guard” or “hold” your limbs by controlling their movements rather than allowing the therapist to do so. Relax and let go, knowing your therapist has the training to move your limbs with confidence, ease, and comfort.
- Be empowered to speak up if the pressure or technique is not working for you. You don’t want to be uncomfortable, and we don’t want you to be uncomfortable.
- Continue connecting to the breath. Creating a rhythm of healthy oxygen flow throughout the massage has so many benefits. Increasing functionality of the respiratory system allows the lymphatic, nervous, muscular, fascial, circulatory, and other systems all to work in cohesion together.
After Your Massage Is Over
- Hydrate and Nutrify - It’s a word-trust us. My favorite post-massage
beverage is a room temperature, no sugar-added, organic coconut
- Meditate. This is perhaps one of the most vital and effective steps
listed here. After your session, set a timer for 20 minutes. Sit on a
pillow or cushion, and continue your diaphragmatic breaths that you
began on the table. Sit tall, elongate the spine, connect tailbone to
Earth and crown chakra to the Heavens. Now is the time to lock in
your proper posture. Allow this meditation to be as simple or as
transcendental as is pleasing for you.
- Rest. Plan your massage for an evening when you are ok with staying
in and getting to bed early. Your nervous system is in total relax mode
by now; honor the space that you created for healing and allow the
peace to linger as long as it may.
In an ideal world, we would love if you could incorporate all of these pre and
post-session self care tools every appointment, but just in case,
Here are the most vital take aways:
- Conscious, Deep Breathing Throughout the Session
- Meditation and Rest Following the Session Incorporating these vital takeaways with intention and consistency will elevate your massage experience and increase the efficacy of its results. All of these actions naturally increase body awareness, self discipline, and self love.
702 Bodywork is always invested in helping you to maximize the benefits of your next mobile massage session. Book an appointment request today, and take action toward creating more peace for yourself.